We haven’t done the best job at keeping a cohesive presence here on the ol’ world-wide-web (maybe we’ve been to busy saving cats!), but we’re aiming to get better at it. Our friends at Groupon are in the middle of helping us redesign our web-site, but while we wait to get that up and running we wanted to put a little re-cap up here for you all!
- Nov./Dec. 2013 - Ann & Adam meet to discus some projects, and one winds up being Cat Cafe’s, and how it’d be awesome to bring them here to America! Ideas are hatched and plans are laid for what we think to be America’s first Cat Cafe!
- Jan. 2014 - Talk to the Oakland Zoning and Health Depts. to share initial ideas of what we’ll need to do to satisfy the city, interview with East Bay Express for the annual ‘Pets Issue’ and launch our first IndieGoGo campaign. KitTea in San Francisco launches it’s website just 6 days before our campaign goes live, and the great ‘North American Cat Space Race’ begins!
- Feb. 2014 - The Cat Man of West Oakland has his first ‘Hoodcats’ gallery show at the Naming Gallery in Downtown Oakland, several fundraisers and volunteer meetings are held for Cat Town.
- March 8th, 2014 - First Cat Town Cafe Pop-Up held at the Naming Gallery in Downtown Oakland as the closing party for our first IndieGoGo campaign.
- March 30th, 2014 - Cat Town Cafe Pop-Up Number 2 at West Oakland’s Transmission Gallery and send-off for the Cat Man for his trip to Japan.
- March 31st - April 13th, 2014 - Cat Man Goes to Japan! Adam visits 12 of Japan’s Cat Cafes, and 2 feral ‘Cat Islands.’ Check out the entire ‘Cat Man Goes to Japan’ series at www.CatManofWestOakland.com
- May 10th, 2014 - The Cat Man of West Oakland co-hosts the 2nd Annual Oakland Internet Cat Video Festival while Cat Town & Bicycle Coffee team up to raise funds for the CTC at the fest. We announce we’ve found a space and are in lease negotiations for a space at 29th and Broadway.
- May 22nd - June 1st, 2014 - Cat Town partners with The Amazing Acro-Cats during their residency at Fort Mason in San Francisco to raise awareness for Cat Town and our programs in San Francisco.
- June 2014 - We’ve got an architect and contractor who’ve helped us with our design and construction budget, and submitted a letter of intent to the lessors of the space at 29th & Broadway here in Oakland! We’ll hopefully be hearing about a lease in the next few days!
Thanks to everyone who has helped us get to where we are today, if you have any questions or comments please reach out to us at [email protected] and check out our Facebook and Instagram for all things Cat Town related!
Adam & Ann